POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1) : Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 May 2003 06:30:46
Message: <3eb78ed6@news.povray.org>
So, I had mentioned releasing the Liquid-Surface-System
to the WWW this weekend, but stumbled upon a little
unpleasing artifact which may occur in tight corners,
especially when the wave is created there, e.g. using
the Stomp-Macro, which places a wave around all objects
interacting with the water.

Anyways, as you can see in the edge at the red box, there
is some weird jiggling going on, and I'm working on the
dampening and internal multiplying parts (which take
care of dissipation of waves and retaining the hills) to
work slightly different dependant on amount of neighbour-
nodes.

Anyways, this animation isn't to show off any features or
such, its an excuse why its taking so long... :-)

I was thinking about adding an algorithm which checks
if there is a checker-like pattern (all horizontal and vertical
neighbours are of a much different height than the one in
question) and adjusts the height of the center node to a
certain degree. This would add a whole new loop, because
I'd have to do this after the step has been generated completely,
and needs to take dead and rim nodes into account, which
implies that I'd have to put a larger effort into that, then a
next bug-testing phase... Would result in at least another two
or three weeks of programming. Well, I'm thinking about an
easier solution right now, and hope to get something useful
till the weekend. Sorry for the delay!

Regards,
Tim

--